May 4, 2010

True colors.

Talked to Mom about a few things that I thought I'd never share with parents. Well, when certain events strike me, I'm somehow reminded that parents are always there to listen closely and give decent advices, though the overreacting part seems unavoidable. After all, parents' love is greater than anything and they'll forever treat me like a little clumsy kid. And to be honest, I do feel much relieved and sorta gain back the peace of mind after the conversation.

It was just funny that Mom kept repeating "Lắm mối tối nằm không" when discussing about love and relationship. What she 'lectured' was indeed true, but it's basically the theory that I've been long aware of. Ironically, I seek consultation from others about concrete actions to take when apparently I myself know the situation best and should take care of it on my own. Sigh... It's just confusing. Frankly speaking, I'm being honest with my feelings and sending signals to express them. Don't wanna lead people on too fast when I'm not ready to commit. Yet. Not so soon when the necessary balance of emotions is still under renovation. On the other hand, I never wanna mistreat or upset those who treat me really nicely. It would be too much of guilt if I didn't express how much I appreciate. Trust me, I really do, especially after quite a while being emotionally abused. Oh well, I've made my point pretty clear to everyone. So continue to go ahead is people's choice. What I can do to help facilitate the process is only to relax, drifting the train of thought away from a rusty point and letting loose. Let's see where and how we can take it from there.

Argh. Just hate it when Mom was at it, like AGAIN. "How about your blonde friend that you die die must defend..." and it went on and on and on and made me feel sick to my stomach.

Kudos to Paiseh man for this random-but-true find (:

Other than that, the weekend was totally kick-ass! If you could track me on a map, the result would be "home - Tiong Bahru Plaza - Starbucks Orchard - home - Ion Orchard - Internation Plaza - Yess Leisure - home - 313@somerset - school" displayed on a timeline from Saturday afternoon until Monday afternoon. Awesome long-waited movie (Ip Man 2), to-die-for food, fabulous shopping, and last but definitely not least, the best companions I could ask for the occasions. No need for much description, perhaps you've already pictured how delighted the little me was like. Lotsa thanks and yayness!

Heard a few not-so-good updates from friends afterward though. Fairly speaking, I don't know what to do to help for the moment, but I'm sure moral support is the least I can give. You know when we face whatever shit thrown at us calmly, stay strong and be optimistic, the right decision will be made and good things will happen eventually. Hugs.

Old pic with braided long hair

Gonna climb on bed early after a looong activity-filled weekend and a draggy lecture to recharge myself before hopping out again. Life's full of energy and fun - if you wanna feel so. 

Music: True Colors by Tina (Glee)

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness still inside you
Makes you feel so small

But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow

Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow

1 comment:

  1. Nice music, sometimes I visit your blog just to find some (random) music :")

    Anyway, talking with parent about highly sensitive things should be a good experience. :up: :up:

    Have a good week! *Sorry, after a 4-day-long holiday... You know :")

    ReplyDelete