April 29, 2010

Summer blockbuster.

I'm sooo in the summer mood now, which you can easily tell from the cheerful splash of yellow and orange with a touch of pink and red on my blog. I also wore a yellow top coupled with colorful accessories to school today, not forgetting the attention-grabbing Hanee dangling on my bag. Yayness! The summertime sensation never fails to make the dull me happy and feel totally refreshed. Now I'm sitting here and fantasizing about the beach, fresh seafood, resort, ice-cream, and even mountain... Really hope I can go home and literally give my busy self a longer-than-usual break in June. Can't wait!

Poster of the coming summer blockbuster ;x

However, yours truly will have to work really hard in the mean time to conquer exams during the first week of June, to get the outline for final year dissertation done as early as possible and last but not least, to give my best for the coming school concert. Oh and for those who haven't heard, I got a pretty interesting dissertation title about clinical effects of hallucinogens. Initially, I chose an aspirin-related topic which was said to be the best and this was the second one on the to-go-for list. Fortunately, thanks to several complaints from classmates, we got to select again on the basis of first come first served. Then another fortunately, I was such a slowpoke and ended up with the above title, which, according to the best (and *coughs* cutest) lecturer in MDIS, makes a much better choice for a 6000-word dissertation in terms of current attractiveness and resource availability. See, once again it's clearly proven that everything happens for a GOOD reason. I like! (:

Hellos from the two lazy ass slacking on bed!

Surprising update: one of my ex-classmates in high school just got MARRIED in UK! Alright, it's not that ZOMGWTFBBQ appalling cuz she did tell me about her intention to settle down with the guy quite a while back. I just didn't see it coming so early at the age of 20... Oh wait, she's not turning 20 until the end of this year on Dec 26th (I actually remember her birthday without looking at her profile!). Anyway, guys, I think her decision deserves to be respected no matter what. Come on, she's a grown-up adult who has been on her own in UK for a few years and is fully responsible for everything she does. So... let's congratulate the newly-wed couple and sincerely wish them all the best!

Strange enough, that piece of news kinda got me thinking about my life. Born in a (more or less) happy family with both parents working as doctors, who gained their respected positions with morals. Growing up, having been strictly educated and adequately equipped from manner to knowledge. Blessed with essential capabilities to perform above-average in certain aspects and an extra-sensitive yet annoyingly logical mind to make decent decisions. And now, at the age of 19-turning-20, left with barely 6 months to complete an honor degree program. Fortunate, not? Very. Heart-breaking experiences in love? Nothing compared to the awesome friends and wonderful people who really care and make me feel valued. 

I appreciate
I feel contented
I'll work hard to give my best.

Deep in thought...

P.S. My new FB profile pic was said to look like a summer blockbuster, hahas! Lotsa thanks & hearts - you guys totally made my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment