April 28, 2010

Defying gravity.

Finally, gone for good. As I always believe, everything happens for a GOOD reason. And I don't regret going extra miles for the person who... (fill in the blank with a suitable phrase, if you know) or giving out one last chance. Perhaps without this trial-and-error process, I wouldn't have realized how serious or bitter the situation has become. I took the past experiences kinda lightly and needed a smack (not so hard though) on the head to see clearly which path to continue my journey. The smack was an inevitable part of the entire story line - and there it was, waking me up from the sugar-coated dream which was nowhere close to reality.

What I missed was the past.
Whom I loved was the person I used to know.
And caring to the extent of babysitting was a bad bad habit.

True enough. Once a spoiled kid, always a spoiled kid. No matter how much effort I invest or even if there were another one who could sacrifice more, it wouldn't be thirst-quenching to the other party. No pain, no gain - some people probably choose to learn it the harder way or even best, fail to learn when hiding under the enormous blanket of ego. Either way, I, too, am a human-being who has personal needs and wants to be deeply understood and satisfied without being perceived as being selfish - there's gotta be a balance of give-and-take in one form or another. Been held back by false hopes built by the past for long enough - yeah, I did feel this weirdly intense pulling force like gravity. But it's now time to defy and define the limits I've created and maintained for the past one year. It's over - officially abandon ship.

No, it's actually just started. (:

Hi-five sweetie - for being BIG girls!

Had a GREAT time with my sis, Renee, when I finally enjoyed a school-free day after like ages. Fortunately, the stupid whatever issue was sorta settled before we met and began our eating and spending spree, despite knowing we were sooo gonna be 'killed' by our moms. 

After we ordered food at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe, the aunty who served our table actually asked something like "How come you two girls order so much food? Can finish or not?" Our reaction was totally like "WTH, cannot MEH?!" I ask you all: are two main dishes with a few Dim Sum portions added on, plus two drinks, considered too much for brunch? We didn't leave any food wastage by the way. Renee even thought the aunty might have doubted if we were able to pay for our meal, so purposely replied by asking "Should I show my membership card now or later?" She was sooo owned, LOL! And considering the pathetic crowd in the restaurant during lunch time, such a question must have been avoided at all costs by the staff. Oh well, being THAT tactless is seriously dangerous when working in service sector. In the end, we just burst out laughing when she said "Thank you! See you again!" loudly before we left.

Initially, we planned to try our luck and see if the promotion in K-Box was still available. Then somehow, SOMEHOW, we ended up catching soft toys, with me cheering, fanning and kicking the stubborn machine that refused to corporate. Hope I didn't stress my sis out with my uncontrollable excitement comes enthusiasm, LOL! Well, I seldom get attracted to this kind of entertainment but have to admit it is indeed addictive. Like gambling, once started, it's hard to prevent yourself from trying for more, especially when there were only two bars left to hit the damn jackpot. Too bad, luck didn't smile with us this time, so we left with a bunch of tiny soft toys collected in the process. She let me choose the cutest one for myself. Yayness! Then, probably as an after-effect of the soft toy craze, I bought myself two super cute hairbands with bows. Goodness. But I like - cuz the red one chosen by Renee was the nicest possible there!

Yeah and guess what? My sis even went extra miles to help me make a keychain from the soft toy I got when we were slacking at her house later. Her sewing strategy was freaking smart - so smart even Aunty (her mom) had to ask how. Of course, the noob me didn't think of such a creative way and learned another interesting thing from her for the day, beside how to update my passbook (yes, yours truly is THAT noob, hahas). Now I'm so proud to go out with the unique keychain hanging from my bag which will always remind me of my dear sis. And and since she also has a pair of red Ripples slippers, I can't wait for May 10th when she's coming back to campus and we'll be wearing sort of like uniform. Cheers for our two-year sisterhood!

I decided to name this cutie 'Hanee' a.k.a. Honey *winks*

On the way back from City Square Mall, we walked pass Mustafa and started discussing about the painting day when the guys were still the boyfriends. Reminiscence? A little bit for me - hard to avoid when thinking about such an eventful day. But heck. There's so much more to appreciate and enjoy in life instead of drooling over the past. Look, before 1.30 pm, I was rather irritated by a certain someone, and Renee was so sleepy and lost she didn't see me standing there. Then when the sky turned dark, the two of us were saying the never-ending goodbyes to each other when laughing for who-knows-what reasons. Once a sister, always a sister

Now I shall go and have my beauty sleep. Goodbye & goodnight.

P.S. In love with songs covered by the Glee cast.
Currently played: Gold Digger. Listen to the lyrics, idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment