May 6, 2010

Conversation.

Today the topic was brought up again in the daily Skype conversation.

"So tell me how did you know him?"
"Which him?" *giggled*

"There, the one you said..."
"Friend of friend. This one is (blah)... That one is (blah)..." *smiled cheekily*

"How about that blonde friend of yours?"
"I don't play with him anymore." *sighed*

"Why?"
"He made me feel extremely ức chế." *felt uneasy*

"How dare he treated you like that? Láo quá! I've only heard your friends appreciating you since you were small. And you never failed to side him whenever I said he seemed láo."
"It's his loss after all. Never mind, no biggie!" *laughed nervously*

"So now you don't wanna friend him? Did you raise your pinky at him?" Note: that's what small kids do to indicate disinterest in each other.
"Not pinky. Middle finger."

"Why middle finger?"
"Over here, it equals to severely maligning someone and unfriending that person for life." Note: which is not always true, but applies in this case.

"What exactly happened? He was nice enough to help you move to this place despite being ill and all. And you told me there was nothing between you two."
"He used to be really nice, much nicer than what you saw. That's true. But as time passed and certain things happened, he might not be strong-minded enough to make good decisions. And yeah, we were friends." *smirked*

"I remember you kept saying he's very mature and stuff?"
"Yes, I did. But look, we're the same age and he's a guy after all."

"What's up?"
"Oh, we're talking about that blonde friend of hers. She said she doesn't friend him anymore and is gonna dislike him for life. I'm fishing for the story but she's been beating around the bush."
"Ah, young men. When they're 20 and below, many guys tend to fall for girls of the same or older age because these girls are more thoughtful in a sense and somehow give them the feeling of being loved and pampered like from a mother or older sister. However, as they grow a bit older, reaching 25 and above, guys generally seek for younger companions to protect, support and feel like real men. Trust me, it's a natural process. I've been there, done that and observed myself. Well, it'd be good if you could share and follow everything we say. But certain issues, perhaps you'll realize when you experience yourself." Note: true that, but they don't know how messed up the situation was anyway.

"Experience what? Waste of brain neurons only! Eventually, as a girl, you're at the losing end when things go wrong."
"Come on. This is the era of equality. If I pitied myself like that, wouldn't it make my life miserable? And it's definitely not my loss here, so I should be happy, right? Don't worry, no damage to brain neurons." *laughed heartily*

"Is it really that fair? People see you being close to him all these whiles and now you're no longer 'friends'. Who would dare to approach you without knowing it's over?"
"Even if we were still 'friends', there'd still be people trying their luck. Nowadays, people can be rather bold if they think the target's really worth the effort. The deciding factor is integrity."

"You mean girls go for what they desire no matter what, and guys, too?"
"Yes. It happens to both." *laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair*

"Oh, I see. So tell me more about your current friend. Is he friend or 'friend'?"
"I told you I only have friends now. Friends as in platonic friends. I'm not quite ready to get attached yet. Give it some time to understand better and see how it goes."

Censored. Fast-forwarded.

"You see, you can tell your parents virtually anything. You say it's nothing, but as your Mom, I know how you actually feel. We're actually more concerned about you than your sister because you appear proud and stubborn most of the time but are very sensitive and readily susceptible to emotional surge. Certainly, when we let you go out there and experience, we more or less trust your ability of decision-making. Nevertheless, treat us as your big friends and share your problems - like pouring your rubbish into our bin to the least. Your parents love you the most, understand you the best and know when and how to be harsh, or give advice, or encourage so that you can continue to walk on the right path. Furthermore, despite the generation gap, we're rather willing to learn, adapt and understand your music, fashion, perception, lifestyle, etc. For example, (blah)... Alright, today's gossiping session is until here. You'd better turn in now and have enough rest before school tomorrow."
"Why are you saying so much? Let her go to bed!"
"See, your Dad's nagging me again for keeping you awake."
...

It's not completely true. You can be really unreasonable and unbearably sarcastic. And I know how to deal with my current problems when still staying strong and optimistic. But... Yeah, but again. Deep down, you may be right. That's probably the reason why I was having this funny feeling in my nose and tears welled up my eyes. Not sure where they came from - I only know I was smiling and crying at the same time. Yes, I was the happy kid of yours for once after so long. Can you just be sweet, gentle and understanding all the time?

Anyway, the easiest way to lighten up the mood...

Smile! (:

My hair is long enough to be braided. Still need baby-pins to secure though.

Goodnight. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment