May 12, 2010

Butterflies.

Finally, I have the time and stamina to blog since the SPSS test finished rather early compared to everyday lecture. So before going online to face flashing orange windows (which usually keeps me busy for the rest of the night), I should probably prioritize my newly renovated blog which has been waiting for a new entry for quite a while.

So, updates. Suddenly, I have a lot of things to jot down but don't know where to start. Well, the activity and fun-filled weekend is probably a good idea.


Saturday. My decision to go down Orchard and support Enrique's so-called "Mothers' Day photo-shoot" was totally worth the time and effort, though I still strongly believe posing in front of the camera is not my thing, at all. Most of the best moments captured were rather random, which I wouldn't consider posing. But honestly, I enjoyed the experience and outcome a whole lot, not mentioning the "clean" jokes which never fail to exaggerate the amusement. My jaw hadn't recovered from Friday, yet was forced work at maximum capacity to laugh until fatigued. Oh and I'm not complaining. :D


Made new friends, too. Bryan - the quiet-but-humorous photographer comes music producer from Madagascar (cool or what), who knows way more than what you'd think he knows (even cooler). He challenged me to try the reverse bungee jumping at Clarke Quay and he'll record a video of my face expression during the jump AND post on facebook. Awesome! And guess what? Yours truly took the challenge, keeping in mind that I used to enjoy roller coaster rides as well as the 20-m free falling slide in water park. Shit... Now I think I should delay facing the challenge for as long as possible. Also, Benny told me today that Bryan is his classmate. How coincident! Seems like everyone on this island will eventually know one another, unless they don't live long enough to do so.


Got to know King (Korean-Chinese) and Helen, his secretary, from MDIS Business School as well. King is the leader of SIG, one of the two teams competing for the takeover of Business Club. Can't believe a dude at my age runs his own business and talks politics everyday in school, not mentioning having his own secretary, as in a very supportive and efficient one. I could tell that both of them are really into the election campaign, which has become a hot topic in campus lately due to the high competitiveness of both parties. It makes me laugh to think of how the president of School of Life Sciences Student Club was selected - totally voluntarily and everyone was fine with it. I, as a good classmate of Steven the "boss", suddenly became a spokesperson and got to know the management. See the differences between a pure businessman and a semi-businessman semi-scientist? There are also the artist, the psychologist, and blah. Don't you think it's rather interesting to think about how career orientations may affect our decisions in everyday life? To what extent - depending on individual personality and preferences.


Sunday. My uncle called me early in the morning to inform that he was flying to Singapore on the day. Yes, out of the blue. Then followed by a call from Mom who asked me to go down his hotel to collect the stuff she sent me. It gave me a hard time looking for this Shangri-La Hotel - couldn't believe I almost got lost in town, for once. After walking around for 20 minutes, I finally reached the surrounded-by-nature hotel just to realize they provide shuttle bus to and from Takashimaya. FML. Anyway, conversation with uncle went well. Having seen how sister and I benefit from studying in Singapore, he'd decided to send his elder son here by the end of this month. So, I'll probably have to spare some time during the utterly busy period to help the newcomer, who fortunately will get to home-stay in a condo. Well, we're cousins after all, and I wouldn't want the boy to suffer the way I did more than three years back.

Showed uncle how to buy and top-up phone and EZ-link cards before having dinner together. Thought I couldn't make it for the previously-promised shopping plan with Manpreet but eventually managed to. It'd been a while since I last went to Bugis street and I found myself spending (again) more than expected. In fact, I didn't plan to buy anything at all! Well, vain girls. Anyway, think my wardrobe has become rather retro lately with boyfriend shirts, denim shorts, floral clothes and bag, sandals, old-school accessories, blah (note to self: I need a straw hat to complete the collection). Don't know why, just realized the style suits me. Furthermore, it's cool, relaxing and totally goes well with summer and the beach. The beach... *fantasizing mode on*.
Renee sis had her first lesson of Degree course on Monday and we both wore black pants, white top and red slippers as promised. Black outerwear was a bonus! ;) School has been alright. Managed to drag my lazy ass to campus and be productive for a coupla days. You know me - when study, I can be almost superglued to the seat until Mr. Brain can't ingest any extra information. Oh and I made my classmates laugh like mad in E-commerce lecture yesterday. It started when yours truly got sooo bored towards the end of the lesson and couldn't concentrate any longer. So, when the lecturer turned to the slide, I had this sudden urge to, uh, raise my arm, wave and say "Hello". Fortunately or unfortunately, the lecturer didn't catch that, but the classmates who sat behind me (I'm a second-rower by the way) did and literally burst out laughing. And what's funnier? The blur lecturer happened to crack a lame joke right after that, and we couldn't stop laughing from my random act-of-cuteness, so to speak, just yet. The whole incident probably gave him the idea that his joke was very hilarious, making us laugh so hard, when it wasn't, which then made us laugh even harder seeing his proud and happy face. I even covered my face with my tote bag to laugh until my body stopped shaking. LOL! What a moment to remember.


Well, I've done quite a lot of typing to highlight the events that can be disclosed to you all. Doesn't mean those not mentioned don't mean anything to me. In fact, the opposite. However, let me be selfish and keep the sweetness to myself for now. Speaking of which... Oh gosh, tomorrow, or technically today, is gonna be the deadline for the BIG question already. How how HOW? *Sucks thumb* I'm like half nervous, half excited about submitting my answer. Weird, I know. Relax, Hailey, inhale, exhale... We shall see the outcome of the decision.

Until then, butterflies won't fly away. :)


P.S. I've decided to keep certain items in a box instead of carrying them around - just like how those habits need to be forgotten. Will get a new wallet soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment