May 17, 2010

Dear friends...

Most of you might have noticed my recent change of relationship status. Many of you, my friends, have showed me genuine support, which I need and appreciate a lot. Once again, thank you!

On the other hand, some of you might have doubted the credibility of the decision - and it's unfair for neither us nor the relationship. Well, there's actually nothing to hide. We got to know each other more than a month back. And everything started out as friendship - and by saying "friendship", I literally mean it. There was a period of time when certain events happened and I stupidly thought he'd never be there even as a friend again. Little did I know he respected my choice and was giving me time to sort things out. So, there he was, unexpectedly back in my life at the very right moment that delighted me. He's been standing beside and getting closer ever since, gently yet firmly, despite my made-known hesitance to accept and commit to a new relationship. Well, if you ask me, I really don't know how, but he managed to make me feel more and more comfortable around him as days went by. Gut feelings aside, even after all the rational considerations, I still couldn't find a reason to refrain myself from welcoming him as the new owner of my little heart. Yes, my heart is nothing close to big - but once it belongs to someone, he certainly receives all the love inside. Fortunate or unfortunate, you say.


So friends. If you really know me, you know I'm not that immature or desperate of a person to make impulsive decisions, especially when it comes to relationship. In fact, when it involves serious (and sometimes not serious) matters, I'm a girl of my words. That's probably the reason why you might have been taken aback to see the "update" out of the blue and thought it was rather "fast" - because I didn't wanna share when decision-making was still in progress. Also, I am aware this abrupt breaking news might have hurt some, a little. Fairly saying, as I became more certain of what I wanted, I did send out several signals that people might have been too hopeful to comprehend. It was difficult for me, to be honest. On one hand, I never like to say harsh direct words like splashing a bucket of ice at someone's face. On the other hand, by NO means did I wanna lead anyone on, knowing they'd gain nothing in the end. Explaining myself so much, I might as well just apologize for having caused the emotional damage in whatever way people deem it was. Therefore, I am sorry and sincerely hope it helps.

Well, since it's now made official, guess there's no harm revealing more facts about the man whom I am in a relationship with. So, if you're keen enough, get ready for 10 random facts in no particular order before I'm off to bed:

1. His name is Alan. I nicknamed him "Paiseh Man".
2. He's from the States and proud of his Mexican heritage.
3. His mother tongue is Spanish (like duh).
4. He's 23 this year and shares the same birthday with Manpreet.
5. His knowledge never fails to surprise me.
6. He knows how to cook, iron, and every-man-thing.
7. Check his facebook for the uni he graduated from.
8. He currently works for IDA Singapore.
9. His facebook profile pic is the latest one possible. I'll try to snap more. ;)
10. He's a die-hard fan of soccer AND making-me-happy.

Alright, that's all for now and it's bedtime for me. Fabulous week ahead for all of us!

P.S. I'm in  be happy for me won't you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment