April 9, 2010

Bounce back, babe!

Clash of the Titans, as many had warned, isn't worth watching in 3D (unless you wanna give in to your curiosity). Saw this short and sweet review from Rotten Tomatoes and I think it says it all "An obviously affectionate remake of the 1981 original, Louis Leterrier's Clash of the Titans doesn't offer enough visual thrills to offset the deficiencies of its script". If you're a fan of Greek mythology (like me), I'd say it's quite an entertainment but be prepared to be confused by drastic variations from what you've read. Forget the myths and enjoy the energy, the imagination, the silliness.

He is the-sexy-man - I ♥ ! Perseus (Sam Worthington) hasn't changed a bit since Avatar and is kinda boyish for my liking. Anyway, thanks JJ and the dudes for the movie and company. I did enjoy myself. (:

.........................

Concert rehearsal resumed today. There was a lack of vibes which sorta set the mood low. Need to practice more and get back on the track next Thursday. Hwaiting!

Afternoon. It's been a long time since I-can't-recall-when I last felt extremely lost, empty and lonely. Sitting alone in school canteen and browsing aimlessly through the contact list, I tried to find someone to whom I could pour my heart out, literally. It was one of those moments when you realize among the many people who would be more than willing to talk to you, there're barely one or two who are able to genuinely listen, understand and comfort with care. And even among those very few people, not all would be available at the very random point of time. In unbelievable desperation, yours truly even thought of sharing something - anything - with her parents. Just to tell you how pathetic the supposedly strong, optimistic and forward-looking me was like. And so you know how much your company meant to me, Steph.


Facing this kinda situation, you are the friend from whom I'd seek for genuine sympathy and sound advices, keeping in mind you wouldn't speak like you see every aspect of my feelings (even when you actually do). And most importantly, you'd remind me that the decision is mine eventually, that it has to come from my own perspective and I have to bear the consequences. Honestly, that piece of fact sounds harsh to me sometimes because of human nature - we'd rather avoid responsibility in any form, even though it's just a self-psyched illusion that the responsibility has been thrown to another person. In fact, the decision maker will be the one who faces the outcome of the contract signed. Simple as such, yet I keep being fooled. And Steph never fails to bring me down to Earth to face the truth no matter how cruel it is. Though it might taste bitter sometimes, I feel deeply thankful for having such a friend

Everyone needs one, I believe.

I could have been the one being there for you to turn to. But you're not humble enough to face all the cold hard facts and value such a person in your life. Sweet comfort can be poisonous. Bitter critics can be life-saving, especially when they come with motivation. Your choice, your life. The same rule of decision-making applies for you. Good luck.


Feeling much better now that the storm in my mind is over. Life will always be turbulent as it's always been. Sometimes we receive too much or too little attention (and trust me, it can happen within the course of a day). Stay alert or keep your head up as the temporary situation doesn't speak the true value of yourself. At the end of the day, people will see your true color. If it's good enough, at least someone will appreciate and desire you for who you are.

Music: Chocolate by Kylie Minogue

No comments:

Post a Comment