March 14, 2010

Hey, soul sister.

It's finally Sunday. Time seems to fly faster now that I've been trying to be more productive with my balance of time. For now, it's all about coming Understanding Strategic Management paper on the 24th (Polar Bear said his results will be out on this day, you've done well - no worries for Maths!), concert rehearsals which are getting more and more heated, career orientation and networking, friendships and virtually everyone's problems. Keeping myself busy voluntarily seems to be an efficient remedy to stay optimistic and feel value-added in a way. 

Yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that I still have the tendency to think a lot about stuff that are not worth it. Like yesterday, after sending my sister to the airport for her 9-day holiday. It was my first visit to the old place - which held like tons of intense memories - after the breakup. Unintentionally, I found myself just like Bao Zhu Jie in 'Hi My Sweetheart', trying to bury all those memories as I walked the familiar path, seeing the familiar staircase, lift, playground, bench, blah - without a familiar presence. The silly smile when I thought of all the laughters and tears, promises and hopes didn't last long - it hit me like a bomb to realize the other party probably didn't treasure them half as much as I did. No, not probably, it is the fact that I defenselessly have to accept. Just sad and disappointing to know that my genuine love was given to the wrong guy whose integrity was a tad too vulnerable to stay committed - to put his brain with conscience above the other thing. Never mind, don't pity me, people. At least, I learned it the hard way that overdose of self-denial kills.

Hey, anyway, I'm like obsessed with 'Hey, Soul Sister' originally by Train after watching this lively and inspiring cover by Kollaboration X. The song is sweetly addictive itself, isn't it? Even the term 'soul sister' is so uniquely perfect to describe that significant person - 'I knew when we collided you're the one I have decided who's one of my kind'. Love the song and sing along with me.

AND remember to keep yourself free on April 16th! Grand rehearsal 14th, full-dressed rehearsal 15th, and there comes the BIG day. Here, share with you some random stories about the people participating in the concert (which happened on Friday meeting).

Steph: (was flaunting some random dance moves in front of me)
Ms. Nisa: (probably could no longer hold curiosity) Are you guys together?
Steph: (stunned for half a second, then smiled hideously) No. I'm gay.
Me: (laughed and thought to myself) "Ah, not again..."
Ms. Nisa: (with her eyes wide-opened) Um... I kinda got the hint... Just to confirm...

Cheers for our friendship of Scorpio-ness and bitchiness!

Think I need new lipsticks to look more vibrant in photos. Anyway lemme introduce you to Ryan, my performing partner (other than Benny). We happened to both wear dark blue for the day. And he was about to suck Danny's big banana that I was holding!

Looks and sounds very wrong, I know, especially with the evil smirk on my face (I don't know why also). LOL. But we all had fun camwhoring and jamming while waiting for the dancers to finish and free the 'stage' for us singers. Maybe we'll come up with a promotion video - after our exams of course. And it's only a 'maybe', so stay tune in the mean time.

Alright. Off to bed now. Good morning & xoxo.

I'm so obsessed
My heart is bound to beat
Right out my untrimmed chest
I believe in you
Like a virgin, you're Madonna
And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind

Am I your Soul Sister?

No comments:

Post a Comment