March 21, 2010

First-timer.

Oh my goodness! Zilla babe and I finally did it! No, it wasn't a post-breakup therapy. In fact, it was planned long ago, but not until today that we actually plucked up our courage to get it done. So you can tell how well-prepared we were for the experience. Reaching the destination, I felt butterflies in my stomach but didn't dare to express, not wanting to ruin the spirit. We walked inside - it was so dark... After the hearing our request, the person quickly took out a box of equipment and stripped my *censored* bare. Gosh, I acted cool throughout the process not to freak my babe out as she was watching. While the hard object was moving closer, and closer, and closer, some young guy thought it'd be funny to make constipation face with the sarcastic 'Ouch' sound. Boy, you underestimated me. You should have watched my icy cool face with unhidden satisfaction as the thing thrust hard and fast through the membrane, and took the virginity having been kept for 19 years with it. Oops, mama ain't gonna be happy if she knows this shit. But I couldn't be bothered with that thought - my mind was entirely captured by the sense of achievement and the amazingly terrific feeling for the moment. There was no blood, which is a good thing - it encouraged my babe, too, to go ahead with pride. Finally, like finally! We can now proudly say we've been there done that! I love how the marks were left for everyone to see - like I can't wait to show the whole world. The next time you see me, remember to ask about 'em! Teehee.

What are you thinking, lewd people? It was my ears that got screwed for the first time. Nanny-not-me! Disappointed much? (:

Anyway, this has been a busy week with lotsa events (every week should be like this from now on). Wednesday and Thursday, I traveled back and forth from home to Raffles City Convention Center to school to attend BioPharma 2010 and meeting for concert. If the weather had been more pleasant, it'd have been perfect for such activities. Unfortunately, it was burning hot on one day then pouring rain on the next. You think it sucks? Tell me about it. For those who fell sick, please get well as soon as possible, ok? Prove the freaking weather it ain't all that.

Talking about BioPharma, I'd say the career seminars there were pretty helpful for people who seek for bioscience-related jobs, including undergrads like me. Fortunately or unfortunately, there weren't many so-called 'competitors' aware of the event or having time to attend. Certainly, I had time and confidence to go there alone, listening, learning and networking with interesting talkers or any professional who came my way. It gave a sense of achievement when people at much respected positions in organizations approached or at least didn't mind engaging in interesting conversations with me, giving valuable comments, advices, or simply information exchange. In such situation, it's absolutely essential to carry yourself well as the more credible you look and talk, the more impressive you'll appear as a promising individual. Ain't gonna brag, but the feedback received was satisfactory and worth my effort. At the same time, I was given a lot more motivation and orientation before actually stepping into the corporate world in a year or so. Really don't know how it feels like to reach that stage of life and to be honest, I'm not mentally ready to face it. Either way, I will be and have to be as time flies faster than how people usually expect. At least for now, I was said more than once to have the look and communication skill needed, plus an honor degree it'll be good. LOL, serious? Nah, I'm never content anyway.

Day 1. This shot was taken in campus before concert meeting. And why The Body Shop bag? I passed by Raffles City outlet and had a sudden urge to browse. It wouldn't be something to blog about if I hadn't (totally unexpectedly) seen Yoshi working there. Geez, he was even kind enough to use staff discount to magically turn my 60-buck bill into 30, plus lotsa freebies to try also. Thanks, mate! Should have asked for his number so that next time before going down The Body Shop or Butter Factory, I can give him a call in advance. Wait... That would make me a 'kiasu' friend. But I don't care, LOL.

Day 2. I woke up late (so embarrassing!) and didn't have time to take bus. So there I was, in the cab to Stamford Swiss Hotel (kinda explained why I looked so stressed). Never mind, divert your attention to my name tag! Cool or what? The person who opened the car door for me almost made my pink file fall onto the wet road but luckily he reacted fast enough to save my AND his day. Being late for 15 minute was compensated by lotsa networking afterwards. The happy me then treated herself ice-cream (on a rainy day) and camwhored at McD when waiting for my childhood sweetheart, Janelle.

(Goodbye, see you next year!) Leaving the formality behind, I stripped my heart bare, spending the day and night catching up our 10 years apart with my long lost sweetheart. We're so similar in many ways, still, as if we'd always been best friends since primary 3 until now. And life is such a joke, placing us in such similar predicaments then giving us a chance to meet, to gain more strength to get over the fucked up past relationships. Honestly, it's an indescribable feeling when there's someone who understands how exactly it feels like to be in that shit and cares enough to talk it out. I do hope the spirit has been lifted a few steps higher. Be strong, my dear. We'll make it through the rain.

Friday afternoon was spent with Steph at Starbucks Plaza Sing (this place used to speak 'financial argument'). Anyway, I couldn't think of any better option than chilling out, having coffee, cool music and a forever-good gossiping partner for a rainy afternoon. The moment was perfectly captured - it didn't need to be fixed to glow with happiness and radiate warmth.

Steph just bought this game called 'God of War 3' and it looked really cool as I've always been fascinated by Greek mythology. Watched him playing FFXIII for a while as well - gotta wiki for the plot like soon! I couldn't stay for long because the rest of the day was reserved by Mr. Ben.

Had to rush down Vivo for 'How to train your dragon' and the cab driver was an aunty. She was super talkative, asking me about boyfriend and all when I stared at the blurry colorful light through the raindrops and pretended that I was spinning a kaleidoscope. Wondered why I engaged in her boyfriend-related chit-chat though practically I don't have one (she assumed I was attached by the way). Not like being single is a bad thing to be admitted, but there is still this automatic answering machine inside me that responds to questions about boyfriend. Perhaps, it's about time to dispose it. Now, right now. Fuck.

Moving on. We watched the show in 3D and it was fab, graphic and storyline wise (for a kid like me especially). I love how the ending wasn't too cheesy or too sad. Just nice to touch people's hearts and to be remembered. Most importantly, the dragons were so undeniably adorable that we couldn't help relating all objects within our view with dragons afterwards. Like even the big and small ships at Harbourfront. LOL. So lame but it only made out random kiddo conversation more... eh, kiddo? With all those lame jokes, time passed pretty fast before it was getting real late. Again, lotsa thanks for walking me home (and I know you're gonna stalk me)!

Alright. Tomorrow my sister is coming back already. And I'll gotta start the serious mugging campaign. Sucks big time! Oh well. Every party has to come to an end... for another party to start after the break! Bring it on, dudes! 

P.S. It's always a better option to have a friend rather than an enemy. Especially when you know yourself that it was mainly someone else's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment